Alan Dean

CTO, Developer, Agile Practitioner

Photograph of Alan Dean

Sunday, November 2, 2008

Google Reader Trends gives more detail

Not sure exactly when, but recently the Reader team shipped a small, nice, feature enhancement: more detail in your reading stats.


You can now see both the items posted to your feedstream and how many of those you actually read:


My technique is to speed read my feedstream, sharing and starring as I go. Later I return to go through my starred items: any items that are worth it get pushed into my delicious bookmarks.


I'm therefore not surprised to see that on average only a quarter of items actually get read.


Last 30 days


What did catch my attention, though, was that almost half of the items posted whilst I'm actually reading (typically during the evening) get my attention, whereas those that are "out-of-sync" with my reading are far less likely to get my attention.


Time of day

No comments: