Alan Dean

CTO, Developer, Agile Practitioner

Photograph of Alan Dean

Thursday, November 17, 2011

A Definition of Done is ...

Those who work with me know that the Definition of Done is something which I consider to be vital to effective software development. For me the subtitle of any Definition of Done should be along the lines of:

As a professional, when I say that my work is Done, it means that I genuinely believe that I have no further work to do and that I have myself verified that the work is of necessary quality and completeness as well as having the work appropriately checked by others. I will honestly be surprised if my work is defective in some manner when I say it is done. Please take a look at the list below of the characteristics that I consider to be important to my work:

After this subtitle, there is the list that most Agile practitioners are familiar with.

1 comment:

Thomas said...

Absolutely agree on your definition of the notion "Done". That's the way people in mobile application development companies should understand it too.